Thursday 19 February 2015

Dunelm does Homeware

Sometimes on a cold, wet and dreary day there is nothing better to do than to Internet shop and day dream about all these wonderful things you neither need nor can afford. 

I found myself doing this today on what really is the coldest, wettest, dreariest day of them all. For some reason or other I was drawn to looking at Dunelm's website and immediately was taken in by their homeware range, both new and old. Their range was just so lovely I soon had hundreds of tabs open at the top of my browser and my need to write a blog post was created. 

Now as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, this year I am working towards making my house a home and after a busy few days of painting I am now ready to kit out our walls with all of the signs, quotes and artwork. With this in mind I have selected some of the nicest pieces that fall into a number of categories for my home needs and hopefully these too will inspire you to give your homes a new lease of life. After all, spring is just around the corner.



One | Two | Three

Now I am sure I am not the only one who is a little bit obsessed with signs. I love a good quote or funny print and my home is slowly but surely filling with signs. I think they can add so much character to a space and are so widely available, not to mention cheap that it is easy to get carried away. Dunelm have also got on the bandwagon in the sign sensation and I have selected only a few from their range that I would like to put in my own home. I already have a sign in my bathroom that may even have originally been from Dunelm that offers 'hot baths' for '25c' that looks great on my panelled bathroom wall. That being said you can never have enough and the wall certainly has the room to accommodate this laundry sign. I also like this industrial looking 'not in service' sign and although I don't really know where I'd put it I still love it all the same. This 'homemade food' sign would fit perfectly in my kitchen, after all it does have a red theme throughout. The question is, can I really fit another sign in there?



One | Two | Three | Four

I am a super organised person (or so I like to think anyway). I plan meals, shopping and daily life pretty well but my home is certainly missing a memo board. I used to use magnetic pads to scribble down shopping lists, meals and chores but at more than £5 a pop for the pads I liked I soon realised it was becoming a bit of a money pit so now I am using scraps of paper for these everyday scribbles. I really like the idea of having a chalkboard to write meals down and I have space on the wall above the cooker for one. The question is which of these do I use. Naturally I am drawn to the red board with cutlery hooks which would fit in perfectly and act as a great tea towel hook, replacing the flimsy, unattractive one we inherited. I also like the natural wood one with key hooks which would reduce the clutter on top of the fridge of various keys. The 'home' board is already set up for the weekly food and chore scribbles but may be slightly on the large side. Finally we have the 'memories' board which isn't really for the kitchen but I like the idea of having this in the spare room/ office to clip some of the many instagram pictures I take. 



One | Two | Three

You can never have enough photo frames in my opinion. Although I'm sure I have plenty and have enough trouble updating the photos as it is I couldn't help but include these in my wish list. I love the family frame and think it would be a great place to include all of latest shots of my family that we took at our Christmas get together not to mention give us an excuse to get new ones of Richards family. The little houses in the second frame remind me of a recent upcycle I did on some house shaped boxes and I think these would make a great addition to my front room. I am certain I've previously included this 'love and laughter' frame in another blog post but it is another piece that I still love and think would hold some silly shots I took with Richard in Barton Springs recently.



One | Two

Finally we come to some artwork that has caught my eye. I love the colours in this piece along with the quote and although again I don't quite know where I'd put it, I adore it all the same. I keep seeing lots of 'rules' artwork such as 'cottage rules', 'bathroom rules' etc but they have never really done it for me until I saw this piece. I like the positive messages in this and think that it would look great in pretty much any room. Naturally I like the old type style of font. Well done Dunelm for changing my view on this type of art.

So there you have it, my top finds from Dunelm. I have a feeling I will be dragging Richard along to our local Dunelm very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment