Sunday 18 January 2015

Devilishly Destructive Delights Talks: Wilkinsons Garden Range

Now a couple of weeks ago I blogged about my dreams to transform the garden and showed you a couple of things I had found to do so. Well this morning while in bed sipping a cup of tea I did my usual online browsing and stumbled across Wilkinsons new outdoor range and was instantly excited. I adore Wilkinsons. I think it had a fairly bad reputation a few years ago but they have seriously worked hard, updated all of their stores and are now a competitive force in terms of homeware and household essentials. I kitted out a great deal of our first home from Wilkinsons and can't recommend it strongly enough. 

I am particularly excited by their new outdoor range simply because there are limited garden centres near me and often they are expensive for simple things such as bulbs and soil not to mention planters. Wilkinsons have made all of this far more affordable and within easy reach of my home, with the added benefit of home delivery if necessary. 

So here are a few things that have caught my eye and what I feel will be needed in my garden...



One | Two | Three | Four | Five

Now I am a huge fan of the industrial, rustic and vintage look something which I have tried to incorporate into my home where possible. Pinterest is a huge inspiration to me and I love the idea of finding something old and upcycling it to make a beautiful feature in our garden. The planters I have chosen all have this very industrial look about them and I really love the look of the trough and steal barrel as planters. I also think that these metal effect pots are great too and would look great in a corner of the patio in a staggered or bunched effect with pretty flowers in close to a bistro set. I also think these cute little 1,2,3 planters would be great for anyone who is hoping to grow their own fruit, veg or seeds and would be perfect for families who might want to compete in who can grow the best plants. Safe to say that a fair few of these will be finding their way into my online basket and maybe even into my garden. Well, it'd be rude not to...



One | Two | Three | Four

I am really keen to grow more edible plants this year and herbs are the perfect way to do this. They are super easy even for an amateur like myself and will look great in or outdoors. I was given a lovely kitchen garden planter by a colleague of mine when I moved into my first home and I enjoyed three lots of different herbs. However it has been empty for a fair few months now since the seeds were finished so I would like to get some more and fill it up again. Wilkinsons are doing a 3 for 2 offer on their seeds so you really can go mad. I have chosen Basil, Oregano and Rosemary to try out simply because they are fast growing and will be used a lot in my home cooking. Richard and I were also given an amazing present by our friends in the form of a chilli plant a couple of years ago. We had hundreds of chillis off of it until it pretty much produced itself to death, in fact we still have chillis in the freezer from it! We loved it though and given how much curry and spicy food we eat we would certainly get our use out of it. So this simple grow your own chilli kit is another must have on my list.



One | Two | Three | Four | Five

I am not going to pretend I know a lot about gardening or plants because I really don't. It's safe to say that the green fingers my parents have didn't work their way down to me. I can just about identify a pansy. However I do know what I like the look of and have had success in the past of looking after Iris and Gladioli. This year I am more confident in my abilities and am keen to purchase more bulbs. Here are just a selection of the plants that have caught my eye and no doubt my parents will give me a hand here and there too. Maybe this is the year I learn a thing or two about gardening!



One | Two | Three | Four

Here I have selected a few odds and ends for the garden and gardener in me. String lights are really popular at the minute and something I have always really liked. I think these would look great strung all the fence and in the overhanging tree in our garden which is where I hope to put my soon-to-be upcycled bistro table. As I have already mention I am not a true gardener so therefore the idea of getting mud under my nails is not one that fills me with joy but luckily Wilkinsons do have a selection of pretty gloves to stop me squirming. I am also really keen to attract more birds into the garden and this simple bird box is the perfect starter kit for us. Finally and probably least exciting of all the things I have found are these bamboo plant labels which I had last year for my kitchen herbs. Again I love the rustic look of these and they will look great in the planters on the patio.

There you have it! My exciting finds for the garden and a way for everyone to get green fingered this year without worrying about the purse strings or entering the strange environment of a garden centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment