Saturday 5 July 2014

At Home with Tesco Direct.

So a little while ago I blogged about my love of supermarket magazines and their ability to give you inspiration. In this post I reviewed the new Tesco Direct Home catalogue. Today I took a trip to my local store and my love of their homeware was reignited so I decided to take a more in-depth look at their website and select some of my favourite items I'm in need of for the pad...

 One | Two | Three | Four

It is less than three weeks until I finish my job at the school for six weeks of Summer and I have already decided that I am going to have a massive sort out and clean of the house, going through each room in the house thoroughly. With this in mind I definitely need to sort out our 'mug' cupboard which is packed! I have this weird obsession with collecting mugs and every time I go to the supermarket I just have to look at the kitchen aisle and see if they have any new ones for me to fall in love with. I need to sort through them and get rid of any that aren't used or that are chipped, etc. I really like the idea of having this stack of mugs on the side next to the kettle to save space in the cupboards. They also look great and are a handy size.

I also love recycled, vintage looking products and fell in love with these bottle lanterns in this kingfisher colour. I don't really know where I would put them but think they would make a great feature in the home or garden. 

I also need to replace the cushions in our front room which have gone slightly bobbly after being washed a lot and just general wear. I have always loved these faux fur cushions and they look really comfy to have a nap on. They also tie in perfectly with our red theme in the front room.

Finally I love this bistro set that has been reduced. I guess it shows just how pessimistic we are as a country to already be clearing out summer products. it is great for our tight budget and would really brighten up the garden and match the lanterns I have hanging outside which I bought from Tiger last year. I think with some bright cushions these could really look the part on a sunny day with the BBQ going.

Five | Six | Seven

I spent quite some time looking through Tesco's kitchen essentials but these bright bowls really caught my eye. I don't actually have a mixing bowl for my baking days and instead settle for a Pyrex bowl which really isn't deep enough for a large cake batch. I would definitely like one of these in red to match our kitchens theme.

I love moustaches and have got quite a collection of things at home now including various mugs, t-shirts and bedcovers. Why stop there? I really like this cool tea towel with a guide to moustaches on it but fear it is so cool I wouldn't want to use it. Perhaps I could frame it and hang it in the kitchen...

Finally I love these giant lanterns from Tesco and once again I have chosen a red one for the front room that I think would look great on one of our coffee tables. I would definitely get a large candle to put inside it to make it a  fantastic statement piece.

So there you have it. Just a few of the things I have got my eye on from the great selection Tesco Direct have on offer.

To see more of their items check out their website and catalogue at www.tesco.com/direct

No comments:

Post a Comment