Friday 9 May 2014

Oh for the love of... Stationary?

I love stationary. Always have, always will. I relish the opportunity to pop into a stationary store and drool over the hundreds of pens and beautiful notepads on offer. 

Since leaving school and no longer being an apprentice, I have very little need for numerous notepads and pens and the house now is just full of odds and ends that Richard and I have collected over the years. 

However every now and again I go on a hunt for essential pieces and when I first moved in these were top of the list...


One | Two | Three 

I adore the brand 'Knock Knock' and there brilliantly witty stationary. I spotted this 'Crap Pad' on Amazon and just had to have it. It helped me get organised when we first moved in together and was great for planning meals, writing shopping lists and sorting out the chores. Sadly I have just finished this pad but I will definitely get another one. Richard loved it so much he asked me to get him one for work to improve his organisation skills and it has proved quite a talking point in the office. This is a must have.

After the success of the Crap Pad I wanted to get something else that would divide up the household chores better and prevent my OCD's getting any worse. This pad proved to be an idiot proof (and Richard proof) way to divide up the chores. It is magnetic which means that I can whack it on the fridge and know that Richard will see what needs to be done and it has definitely improved the equality of chores. The handy shopping list feature at the bottom of the pad means that anyone can add on things they need and mark off what has been done or bought.

Finally these sticky notes are just brilliant. I am definitely a note leaver and these are perfect to dot around the place and grab the attention of anyone in the house. The number of times I have just had to dash out and ask for something to be done are more than I care to admit but thanks to these it means communication is not lost. I have just run out of these also and I must admit, I miss them already!

Now onto the exciting part- finding replacements for these fantastic products! I must admit I am obsessed with Paperchase and every time I visit Milton Keynes I just have to pop in, even if I don't need anything, I love a nose. Naturally I scoured the website and found some absolute gems along with some Amazon goodies I have on my wish list...


One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six

As you can see from my previous purchases, I am a massive fan of lists and anything that makes me feel as though I have my life in order. I am in desperate need of a new shopping list pad as I am currently using my really nice filofax paper for lists which I feel is a huge waste of gorgeous Paperchase paper. This pad seems to fit the bill and it has the perk of being magnetic as well as rather funky looking. I know I would get a hell of a lot of use out of this bad boy.

These desk pads are becoming hugely popular and vary a lot in design. I would personally use this one to display the meals we would be having weekly and write if we were out for the evening, needed to buy anything for the meal, etc. It would be a great extension of the Crap Pad list of meals which I used to squeeze in at the bottom of each page and found most useful from the product itself.

I adore this cute little notebook. I must admit the thing I like best about Paperchase is their amazing Kraft products. I have bought so many pieces in this lovely shade of tan such as envelopes, folders and many scrapbooks. I would really like to have a notepad to jot down blog ideas, recipes and of course lists and this seems to fit the bill.

I love this quirky little pad that takes the wit of the Knock Knock pads but makes it more exciting in terms of design- meet Back Chat, a relatively new company making great stationary. Again this would be great as a shopping list and would certainly fit in my weekly shop lists.

I also am a fan of Happy Jackson which make brilliant, funny products for every occassion. This pad has the perks of being magnetic as well as coming with its very own pencil which prevents any more hunting for pens.

And finally this unassuming book from Knock Knock would be the perfect handbag companion and make all those pieces of scrap paper in the bottom of my bag a thing of the past. It's bright colour also prevents the usual rummaging around.

As I have already said I am a lover of sticky notes and they have proven handy around the home. Here are some of my top picks...

One | Two | Three | Four

Knock Knock have done it again and have reeled me in with these brilliant sticky notes. It is great to have ones that I can use to nag Richard with to do the odd job while I am out as well as have some that I can use to remember the many things I have to do in a day.

I also like this set from Paperchase which work with the theme we have in our house of being proud to be British. It would stop me splashing out on multiple pads and sticky notes and their cool design makes them different to the usual stationary available elsewhere.

I couldn't not have these on my list- toasty notes. They are fantastic and given all of my sticky notes get left in the kitchen, which is where the men of the house spend the majority of their time, it would just be a great touch.

Finally another piece from Back Chat. Here we have a really handy and funky looking set that has all of your stationary needs in one- notebook, sticky notes and handy sticky tabs. These tabs would be great for my recipe books when choosing meals to try out later on.

I guess many people are wondering why I only have pads and not hundreds of pens. That's simply because I have only one pen I like and here it is...


I have used these pens for a fair few years now and for me, nothing quite compares to them. Finer than a felt tip but just as nice to write in these pens are great for any written task- whether writing a letter or card to jotting down notes. I initially started out with black but have since found red, blue and green sets available so you can imagine how overjoyed I was to see these gorgeous colours on Amazon. These are a must buy!

And there you have it, everything I love, all on one post. 
Now to somehow choose the best and get buying!

No comments:

Post a Comment