Thursday 10 April 2014

Guilty pleasures...

I have a confession to make.

I am addicted to looking at things I can't afford and will probably never have nor need. I will spend hours every day trawling through various websites, drooling over the many delights they have to offer, sometimes bookmarking items of interest only to never look at them again. 

This addiction has only got worse since moving out of my family home and living with Richard. Our house is a project. A serious project. Last summer when I first moved in, I spent the majority of the six weeks I had off emptying boxes, cleaning, tidying and just generally making it a home. This was mostly in the living room where we spend most of our time and in the kitchen where I spend most of my time. However I dream of doing the house up properly, with new furniture, gorgeous paint and lots of nic nacs. 

Seen as we are skint this is a very distant dream but that doesn't stop me looking. Here are my latest finds...


One | Two | Three | Four

I've had my eye on this Living Bergen bread bin and complimentary tea, coffee and sugar jars for a while and I adore their simplicity and style. The theme that Richard and I have agreed on for our kitchen and any future one we have is red so these would fit in perfectly. Better start saving the pennies though. We are also in need of a new kettle and again I have spotted this cute red one which is a fraction of the price of many other makes such as Morphy Richards. Finally, I have been meaning to replace our ancient set of oven gloves which we inherited with the house for quite some time. I received a really nice apron for Christmas with the theme 'home sweet home' and have been trying to find a similar design for the new oven gloves, these fit the bill nicely.


One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six

I am a sucker for the shabby chic and vintage home accessories that seem to be becoming increasingly more popular in the high street stores such as Next and Matalan. 

I really like the new range that Next has introduced to their website which has a seaside theme. I think this board would look great in our hallway and would definitely be full of all of my Instagram shots (follow me @snazzyspazilla). I also really like this collage frame from Next. I really want to make a montage on my living room wall and was fully prepared to spend a fair bit of money on lots of different sized and shaped frames to get this sort of look. Next has it sorted out for you and you can hang it horizontally or vertically, perfect for a feature wall. I also like both of these bits and bobs box towers which I definitely need on the cabinet in the hallway where all of our keys and junk get thrown. I also like the idea of these block calendars and I have been obsessed since I saw one in the house I go to babysit at- a novelty item and something I am sure I would forget to update but still cute. Finally I really like these 'get organised' boxes. I certainly need them for the front room to put our magazines and chargers in that get scattered about the place.


One | Two | Three

And finally onto the garden which I have already mentioned in a previous post is alien to me but very much a work in progress. I really enjoy Summers out in my parents garden with their sofas, BBQ and chiminea and I would love that kind of set up for my own garden. I really like the modern take on a chiminea and have a weird obsession with fire pits. Luckily Richard loves a good fire so he can handle that while I watch from afar.  I am still looking out for a good deal on some garden furniture seen as we just have some odds and ends that were left here. I think these sofas are far more comfortable and practical for modern day dining and this seems like the best deal so far. Finally I love this modern lantern which I think would look great in the middle of a table full of delicious BBQ food while enjoying a warm Summer's evening.

Better put all of this on a list somewhere and look at Richard with puppy dog eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment